I love this story arc so far. I’ve been looking forward to this since I started reading the Geoff John’s Green Lantern series.
I’ve been using seven graphic novels for looking at the story arc through a theological lens:
- Blackest Night
- Green Lantern: Blackest Night
- Green Lantern Corps: Blackest Night
- Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps
- Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol. 1
- Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol. 2
- Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns
I have two main complaints at this point:
- If I did my math right, there are about twenty-six related issues of the arc that are missing from the collected graphic novels. Between the collected volumes, there are fifty-eight issues. According to DC, there are eighty-four issues in the arc.
- The collections are collected by overarching series. So, if you’re trying to read in order like I am, you are constantly moving between books.
Complaints aside, I can’t wait to work my way through this!